Thursday, September 23, 2010

James Franco Thinks Edward And Bella?s Sex Scene Was A Letdown

Admitted Twilight reader James Franco has said what we’ve all been thinking. The sex scene in Breaking Dawn was a big, fat disappointment. A controversial stance perhaps, but we can’t say we disagree with him.
Franco, who reportedly was reading Twilight for “research” made it all the way to Breaking Dawn, but unfortunately, even though he was patient, the sex wasn’t worth the wait. He told MTV “I read a part of it. I think I got to the sex scene, but it was so brief, I didn’t even know if it was the actual sex scene. It was kind of a letdown after all that buildup.” Amen, brother. Even though the books are full of sexual tension and loads of thirsting-for-Bella’s-blood-as-metaphor-for-doin’-it, we agree that the sex was a little too “Edward kissed me, things happened, and then I fell asleep. Also, pillow-biting.” We don’t need Harlequin romance here but we waited 2000 pages for that?
He also cops to reading the books but not actually liking them, saying� “I wouldn’t say I enjoy them, but I’m fascinated with them. I’m interested in the metaphor of the vampire placed in the high school setting and how a relationship with a vampire can stand in for general feelings that people have as teenagers. And the obsession people have with that is also fascinating to me.” We give him a lot of credit for reading this much of the series, given all his other projects. It still makes us wonder if he’s aiming for a role in Breaking Dawn…
[Photo: WENN]

Jordan Jude Law Justin Timberlake

No comments:

Post a Comment